Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is currently looking for full time LCSW to join our team. This position is a member of a multi-disciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment intervention, and psycho-education to patients and their family members. This position must be familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment intervention needed.
• Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and active military, veterans and their dependents.
• Provides timely psychosocial assessment, documentation, case management, treatment and discharge planning for patients.
• Effectively communicates/interprets clinical material/documentation to patients.
• Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies including but not limited to: individual, group, family therapies.
• Provides appropriate & timely documentation of clinical encounters in patient's charts.
• With patient’s request/consent, prepares reports/ letters and/or involves family, social agencies, schools, relatives, and friends in treatment team meetings as a part of the patient’s treatment and discharge planning.
• Is knowledgeable of community resources.
• Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care
• Complies with Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital’s and all regulatory agency policies & procedures.
• 6 months of post-graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required.
• Master's degree in a social work required.
• Valid and current State of Nevada clinical social work license (LSCW) required
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)
• At least two (2) years of clinical experience with adults and adolescents in an inpatient or partial hospitalization environment.
• Strong experience in assessment/intake, consultation, case management, crisis intervention and treatment skills in an inpatient or partial hospitalization environment.
• Strong background in crisis intervention, brief therapy, cognitive behavioral and group therapies.
Registered Nurse (RN)
Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is currently looking for full time Registered Nurses (RN). This position is expected to deliver quality general/psychiatric nursing care to patients who are hospitalized for treatment of psychiatric or emotional disorders; to support the hospital and program philosophy of care; to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assesses/re-assesses by collecting and analyzing data through a systematic process of interaction with patients, patient’s significant other, and the appropriate health care providers regarding the patient’s physical, psychological, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, and anticipated discharge needs.
- Ability to perform suicide assessments and understands suicide precautions.
- Identifies and incorporates each patient’s unique needs into a comprehensive and individualized care plan.
- Identifies and includes into the care plan of each patient the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
- Evaluates each patients care against the goals and plan of care and revises the care plan periodically, as needed.
- Accurate documentation that meets current standards and policies.
- Treats and cares for patients competently and as based on current developmental theories and psychiatric nursing knowledge and standards.
- Understands a wide range of psychosocial, cognitive and/or developmental disorders and physical disabilities.
- Rounds on patients, ensuring patient care and environment that optimizes patient safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication management to ensure patient care and reduce the likelihood of medical/health errors..
- Current Nevada RN License
- ADN / BSN or equivalent
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC)
Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare is currently looking for a full-time Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC). This position is responsible to ensure and/or deliver and properly document the provision of treatment services including the initial service plan, assessment, individual treatment plan, progress notes and discharge plan in accordance with Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital.
- Evaluates patient data, develops and implements a plan of care for the patient.
- Ensures that each patient has an individual treatment plan which addresses the patient's immediate health, safety, and preliminary service needs.
- Completes assessment summaries of each patient's chemical use problems.
- Provides individual treatment plan after completion of assessment which is subject to amendment until services to the patient are terminated. The individual treatment plan must include treatment goals, specific methods, to be used to address identified problems, resources to which the patient being referred, and patient goals.
- Enters progress notes in each patient's chart after each treatment service. Progress notes must reference the individual treatment plan.
- Discharge plan must be completed on day of discharge or within 24 hours of discharge.
- Provides individual and group counseling, patient education strategies to avoid inappropriate chemical use and health problems related to chemical use, transition services, and services to address issues related to co-occurring mental illness.
- Participates in weekly plan of care for each patient; works cooperatively as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team; Completes progress notes and discharge plans in a timely fashion.
- Ensures compliance with all treatment plan requirements including weekly review and updates with the patient (indicated by patient signatures, initials and dates that each review is completed).
- Consistently arranges for an appropriate discharge plan for the patient including follow-up with a psychiatrist (if on meds), therapist and any housing or residential needs as recommended by the psychiatrist.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing communication with client referral, probation, social service agencies, etc.
- Appropriately utilizes established resources to assist in completing case management duties independently.
- Documents treatment provided to patients in their medical record based on established case management guidelines.
- Completes all reports for suspected abuse as legally mandated and consistently informs supervisor.
- Conducts family sessions for adolescents and adult patients as part of clinical and as ordered by Psychiatrist.
- Provides individual patient and family therapy and crisis intervention.
- Communicates with family members and caretakers regarding the needs of the patient and anticipated plans.
- Current LADC License
Knowledge and Experience:
- One (1) year of inpatient clinical work in an Alcohol and Drug Abuse Facility.
- Experience in diagnosis, psychotherapy and assessment based treatment planning.
- Maintains current knowledge of social, medical and psychiatric services available within the community.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Sensitivity to and willingness to interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate with physician regarding social service needs of the patient.
- Knowledgeable of community resources.
- Adheres to all mandated guidlines for patient's clinical care.
*Desert Parkway is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.