Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is currently looking for full time Registered Nurses (RN). This position is expected to deliver quality general/psychiatric nursing care to patients who are hospitalized for treatment of psychiatric or emotional disorders; to support the hospital and program philosophy of care; to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assesses/re-assesses by collecting and analyzing data through a systematic process of interaction with patients, patient’s significant other, and the appropriate health care providers regarding the patient’s physical, psychological, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, and anticipated discharge needs.
- Ability to perform suicide assessments and understands suicide precautions.
- Identifies and incorporates each patient’s unique needs into a comprehensive and individualized care plan.
- Identifies and includes into the care plan of each patient the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
- Evaluates each patients care against the goals and plan of care and revises the care plan periodically, as needed.
- Accurate documentation that meets current standards and policies.
- Treats and cares for patients competently and as based on current developmental theories and psychiatric nursing knowledge and standards.
- Understands a wide range of psychosocial, cognitive and/or developmental disorders and physical disabilities.
- Rounds on patients, ensuring patient care and environment that optimizes patient safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication management to ensure patient care and reduce the likelihood of medical/health errors..
- Current Nevada RN License
- ADN / BSN or equivalent
Send resume or CV to Karen Birmingham at firstname.lastname@example.org