It is our goal to provide the highest quality of healthcare to everyone we serve. In order to do so, we have established the following guidelines to ensure our patients enjoy a safe and comfortable stay at Desert Parkway. Below you will find a simple guide which outlines what to bring - and what to leave at home. Generally, we recommend packing no more than three days worth of clothing. Full laundry services are offered with all of our inpatient programs.
WHAT TO BRING
- Insurance card and government-issued ID
- Two sweaters or sweatshirts (no strings)
- Three pairs of pants/shorts (must be at least knee length)
- Three t-shirts/blouses
- Three to four pairs of underwear
- Three bras (no underwire)
- One pair of comfortable slip-on shoes/sandals/slippers
- Three pairs of socks
- Two sets of pajamas
- Jacket or sweatshirt without strings
- Comfortable, slip-on shoes or slippers
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Revealing clothing (i.e., no spaghetti straps, bare midriffs, short skirts, shorts, overalls, waistlines below the belly button)
- Clothing with strings, shoe laces, inappropriate logos, or sharp metal accents on clothing
- Grooming supplies should be kept to a minimum. NOTE: Desert Parkway will provide essential toiletries if needed, such as toothpaste and toothbrush, mouthwash, dental floss, deodorant, soap, shampoo/conditioner, and lotion.
- Jewelry. NOTE: all jewelry should be removed (including body piercings) prior to your arrival.
- Alcohol and any drug-related paraphernalia
- Notify hospital of special bedtime needs, such as C-PAP, oxygen, elevation of the head of the bed, egg crate or air mattress, incontinence supplies, etc., before admission.
- Any jewelry worn to Desert Parkway (including wedding rings/bands and watches) will be removed upon admission for secure storage, and returned at discharge.
- Phones and electronic equipment will be stored securely upon admission, and returned at discharge.
- Remember to ask admissions staff what your patient code is. Pass this information on to family, friends, and healthcare professionals that you want to call or have visit.