Description of Position:
Builds a constituency of support for the hospital and facilitates the hospital’s ability to meet the public’s needs, hospital’s publics (physicians and their office staffs; community residents, schools, churches, and civic groups; area employers; legislators; other health-care and human-service providers; and media) in addition to seeking collaborative opportunities to improve the quality of life of residents within the hospital’s service area.
- Executes marketing plans and programs implemented by the Director of Business Development to ensure the profit growth and expansion of the organizations’ products/services.
- May support facilities as liaison with external entities that influence organization’s services, programs, and facilities.
- Maintains relationships and secures competitive information on products and services in order to maintain and develop market share.
- Executes communication strategies, plans and materials consistent with the organization’s marketing image.
- Consults with Director of Business Development in order to maintain a consistent public image.
- Represents the organization at major public events.
- Supports the organization’s strategic business development efforts.
- Embraces the organization’s public relations effort.
- Conducts market research, analysis, and reporting activities relevant to the organization’s mission, philosophy and goals.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or other related discipline
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in community development, public relations/corporate and crisis communications
- A proven record of developing and evaluating effective marketing campaigns
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License and car insurance
- Familiarity with continuum of care and clinical terminology
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal political processes.
- Knowledge of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental health.
- Knowledge of printing procedures, graphic arts, photography, and desktop publishing.
- Proficiency with software and/or equipment. (Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with people with a variety of background and educational levels.
- Good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively as well as possessing the skills to lead, influence, and motivate others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, expanding organization.
- Ability to drive during day and/or night hours.
- Reliable vehicle to use during work hours.