Registered Nurse (RN)
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Delivers quality general/psychiatric nursing care to patients who are hospitalized for treatment of psychiatric or emotional disorders; to support the hospital and program philosophy of care; to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
- Assesses/re-assesses by collecting and analyzing data through a systematic process of interaction with patients, patient’s significant other, and the appropriate health care providers regarding the patient’s physical, psychological, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, and anticipated discharge needs.
- Ability to perform suicide assessments and understand suicide precautions.
- Identifies and incorporates each patient’s unique needs into a comprehensive and individualized care plan.
- Identifies and includes into the care plan of each patient the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
- Evaluates each patient’s care against the goals and plan of care and revises the care plan periodically, as needed.
- Accurate and litigable documentation that meets current standards and policies.
- Treats and cares for patients competently and as based on current developmental theories and psychiatric nursing knowledge and standards.
- Understands a wide range of psychosocial, cognitive and/or developmental disorders and physical disabilities.
- Rounds on patients, ensuring patient care and environment that optimizes patient safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication management to ensure patient care and reduce the likelihood of medical/health errors.
- Current Nevada RN Licensure
- BSN preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrates sound leadership skills
- Ability to organize activities and schedules for medical and/or non-medical tasks for patients.
- Ability to stabilize acute psychotic and non-violent crises by using accepted intervention techniques.
- Basic knowledge of abnormal psychology as typically found in the adult/adolescent psychiatric population helpful
- Familiarity of psycho pharmacy and the use of psychotropic medications with child, adolescent or adult psychiatric population preferred.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is currently looking for a full-time LCSW to join our team. This position is a member of a multi-disciplinary team who provides group therapy, discharge planning, treatment planning, psychosocial/social assessments, and individual therapy and/or family therapy to patients and their families.
Responsible for performing psychosocial assessments on all patients to determine social service needs, diagnosis and plan of care.
Evaluates Patient data, develops and implements a plan of care for the patient.
Participates in weekly plan of care for each patient; works cooperatively as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team; Completes progress notes and discharge plans in a timely fashion.
Ensures compliance with all treatment plan requirements including weekly review and updates with the patient (indicated by patient signatures, initials and dates that each review is completed.)
Consistently arranges for an appropriate discharge plan for the patient including follow-up with a psychiatrist (if on meds), therapist and any housing or residential needs as recommended by the psychiatrist.
Appropriately utilizes established resources to assist in completing case management duties independently.
When appropriate completes the Housing and Residential Needs form for all patients who require assistance with housing at discharge.
Documents treatment provided to patients in their medical record based on established case management guidelines.
Complies with Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital’s and all regulatory agency policies & procedures.
Current State of Nevada LSCW licensure required
One (1) year of inpatient clinical work with exzperience in diagnosis, psychotherapy and assessment based treatment planning
Experience with therapeutic limit-setting or an understanding of level systems or other behavior management modalities helpful
Strong experience in assessment/intake, consultation, case management, crisis intervention and treatment skills in an inpatient or partial hospitalization environment.
*Desert Parkway is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.