Registered Nurse (RN)
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Delivers quality general/psychiatric nursing care to patients who are hospitalized for treatment of psychiatric or emotional disorders; to support the hospital and program philosophy of care; to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
- Assesses/re-assesses by collecting and analyzing data through a systematic process of interaction with patients, patient’s significant other, and the appropriate health care providers regarding the patient’s physical, psychological, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, and anticipated discharge needs.
- Ability to perform suicide assessments and understand suicide precautions.
- Identifies and incorporates each patient’s unique needs into a comprehensive and individualized care plan.
- Identifies and includes into the care plan of each patient the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
- Evaluates each patient’s care against the goals and plan of care and revises the care plan periodically, as needed.
- Accurate and litigable documentation that meets current standards and policies.
- Treats and cares for patients competently and as based on current developmental theories and psychiatric nursing knowledge and standards.
- Understands a wide range of psychosocial, cognitive and/or developmental disorders and physical disabilities.
- Rounds on patients, ensuring patient care and environment that optimizes patient safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication management to ensure patient care and reduce the likelihood of medical/health errors.
- Current Nevada RN Licensure
- BSN preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrates sound leadership skills
- Ability to organize activities and schedules for medical and/or non-medical tasks for patients.
- Ability to stabilize acute psychotic and non-violent crises by using accepted intervention techniques.
- Basic knowledge of abnormal psychology as typically found in the adult/adolescent psychiatric population helpful
- Familiarity of psycho pharmacy and the use of psychotropic medications with child, adolescent or adult psychiatric population preferred.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is currently looking for full time LCSW to join our team. This position is a member of a multi-disciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment intervention, and psycho-education to patients and their family members. This position must be familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment intervention needed.
• Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and active military, veterans and their dependents.
• Provides timely psychosocial assessment, documentation, case management, treatment and discharge planning for patients.
• Effectively communicates/interprets clinical material/documentation to patients.
• Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies including but not limited to: individual, group, family therapies.
• Provides appropriate & timely documentation of clinical encounters in patient's charts.
• With patient’s request/consent, prepares reports/ letters and/or involves family, social agencies, schools, relatives, and friends in treatment team meetings as a part of the patient’s treatment and discharge planning.
• Is knowledgeable of community resources.
• Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care
• Complies with Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital’s and all regulatory agency policies & procedures.
• 6 months of post-graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required.
• Master's degree in a social work required.
• Valid and current State of Nevada clinical social work license (LSCW) required
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)
• At least two (2) years of clinical experience with adults and adolescents in an inpatient or partial hospitalization environment.
• Strong experience in assessment/intake, consultation, case management, crisis intervention and treatment skills in an inpatient or partial hospitalization environment.
• Strong background in crisis intervention, brief therapy, cognitive behavioral and group therapies.
*Desert Parkway is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.