DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Dietary Aide performs designated work and cleaning routines for the Dietary Department.
- Performs defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment as assigned by the Dietary Manager.
- Provides assistance to the cook in the preparation and service of meals.
- Meets scheduled meal and snack times.
- Follows all cleaning schedules and performs cleaning duties as scheduled.
- Assists in loading food carts and serving meals.
- Setting up the dining room and helping serve patients.
- Assists in receiving and storing food supplies.
- Attends departmental and in-service educational programs.
- Follows defined safety codes while performing all duties.
- Adheres to all appropriate sanitation and safety guidelines.
- One (1) year dietary aide experience required.
- Prior experience in healthcare food service required.
- Valid Nevada Food Handler Certification.
- Valid Serve Safe Certification preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrates sound leadership skills
- Knowledgeable on state and local code requirements for food service establishments.
- Ability to prepare food combinations that add interest, contrast, and variety to a menu.
- Knowledge of appropriate safe food-handling techniques.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, understand and follow recipe directions, diet orders, and work assignments.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients at all times.
- Sensitivity and willingness to interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Knowledge of cooking equipment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.