DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible for verifying insurance coverage and estimating patient responsibility for patient’s being admitted for inpatient or outpatient services. Provides the A&R staff with the most accurate data based on the information provided. Duties include accessing insurance website to verify insurance benefits, establishing calls in computer system, preparing billing packets, interviewing patients to verify demographic and insurance information and meeting with patients on discharge.
- Patient Admissions: Pre-verify demographics and insurance information for patients being referred to facility for treatment. Open calls based on type of referral. Interviews incoming patients or relatives to obtain pertinent data and verify insurance coverage. Enters data into computer system with accuracy. Prepares billing packets, scans and indexes daily in doc link.
- Census: Prepare and balance outpatient and inpatient daily stats and update reports accordingly.
- Financial Counseling: Estimates patient responsibility and provides financial options to patients and authorized family members on admission. Set up payment arrangements with self-pay patients. Collects payments when applicable. Enter payments in online payment system.
- Claim Follow-up: Utilize excel spreadsheet and add daily discharges. Ensure that length of stay is authorized, chart is coded and claim is billed and is in the payer system and will pay at expected reimbursement. Contact patients for any remaining balance.
- Daily Discharges: Meet with patients on discharge, retrieve valuables obtain appropriate signatures, check patient responsibility and collect if not done during hospital stay.
- Valuables: Retrieve patient valuables daily from the drop safe, sign each envelope out on appropriate log, prepare valuables log, lock of valuable envelopes in designated safe, maintain alphabetical file until patient discharges.
- Deposits: Prepare deposit for any cash or checks received at physical location.
Knowledge and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years’ healthcare experience preferred.
- Previous experience with the Nevada Psychiatric/Substance Abuse Insurance Market required.
- Knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 coding helpful.
- Experience using Microsoft word and excel.
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintains confidentiality of patients at all times.
- Sensitivity to and willingness to interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Proficiency with software and/or equipment (Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. • Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Send resume or CV to Karen Birmingham at email@example.com